It’s been a long time since the last time I wore this leather sweater I got last year (or 2 years ago?) and I decided to wear it again…on this warm spring day that almost felt like summer. Big fail but hey! My hair is on point. My outfit is on point. My backdrop and lighting are on point. VSCO filters made my photos more on point. I guess it paid off. HA!
shorts: Armani Exchange
shoes: New Balance
leather backpack: Marc by Marc Jacobs
photos: Christina Ras
Some people love leather while some hate it. Whatever their reasons for loving or hating it, I don’t know but the truth of the matter is: leather will always be here to stay in the fashion world. And like leather, here are some facts of life that we need to face…leather we like them or not.
* Leather you like it or not, the world isn’t gonna stop for you when you fall down to the ground. So get your ass up, dust yourself off and move again.
* Leather you like it or not, some people aren’t in your life for the long run. They will only stay until you’ve learned what you need to learn from them. As much as you want them to stay due to emotional attachment or whatsoever, it’s just not going to happen…and that’s okay.
* Leather you like it or not, life is not easy. It’s one hard ass of a bitch. It’s not a smooth ride. There’ll be lots of tests, “antagonists”, and sharp edges where you will hit your head. But it’s up to you how you will react to these stimuli. It’s up to you how you will perceive them and what you’ll make from these experience.
* Leather you like it or not, there’s only person who you’ll always have for the rest of your life. And that person is none other than you. That’s why you need to love yourself more than anything or anyone. In the words of RuPaul Charles, if you can’t love yourself, how in the hell you’re gonna love somebody else?
* Leather you like it or not, nothing is permanent in this world except for change. If you wanna keep up, then you need to evolve with the times.
* Leather you like it or not, you can’t please everybody. You can’t force to make everyone like you. It’s just the way it is. So you need to cherish those people who love you for who you are.
* Leather you like it or not, you won’t always get everything you want. Maybe because there are things that you want but actually are bad for you. Or maybe because it takes a little bit more time and when that time comes, everything will make sense.
* Leather you like it or not, you can’t really blame your misery to anyone else because your life is the total sum of the decisions you make in your existence. The world might be throwing you lots of shit but if you choose to be better, then it’ll be…but of course, if you work for it.